Many experts claim that marketing automation and CRM are inseparable strategies. Each of them is very complete and being united the result is very interesting. Therefore, you should combine them in your future brand strategies.
Currently many companies have opted to offer good content, make use of social networks and even send mass emails. All this is included within what is known as digital marketing. Automating these actions will make it easier for you to increase the performance of your brand.
On the other hand, CRM, known in English as ‘Customer Relationship Management’ and in Spanish as ‘Customer Relationship Management’, is the strategy that will allow you to centralize in a single database all the interactions that exist between your company and customers.
The ultimate goal is that you can improve the service and relationships you have with your customers and potential customers.
Marketing automation and CRM: are they opposites?
The marketing automation or automated marketing is defined as a set of techniques. These allow digital marketing campaigns to be implemented without having any “manual” intervention by the people who make up the marketing team.
It is aimed at helping marketing teams to automate, streamline and measure all their campaign flows and actions taken. Among them are key factors such as segmentation, lead generation, ROI measurement, and lead nurturing.
On the other hand, CRM refers to a set of tools and processes that are focused on optimizing the relationships that organizations have with their customers.
Its main objective is to offer your company the opportunity to have a quick response. This must be adapted to the expectations of the client or prospects, either in the right channel or at the right time.
Benefits of the relationship between marketing automation and CRM
The automatic synchronization between the two techniques will make it easier for you to offer incredible campaigns. It will also provide you with comprehensive data of great use to the marketing department and the commercial department.
In this way, it is necessary that you take advantage of all the benefits that both concepts have:
- You can segment your audience according to their preferences or the behaviors they have within your online ecosystem.
- You will understand the use of your sales funnel in order to know when a lead is ready to make a purchase.
- You will improve the ROI of your mailing campaigns.
- You will be able to integrate functionalities in a single moment, while saving time and costs.
- You will manage more emails and SEM ads simultaneously.
- You can ensure that no lead is left unattended due to lack of resources.
- You will configure permanent processes that are within your general strategy.
- You will create the profile of your buyer persona. In this way, you are going to offer them added value through your content while they go through all the online activities you have.
- Workflows will be streamlined, while delivering personalized and dynamic content aimed at your next goals.
- Analyze what the lead scoring is to provide promotions according to the life cycle of each client.
Can you imagine marketing automation and CRM working together?
Yes, marketing automation and CRM working together can make you a reference within your sector. In this way, you will save a lot of time while optimizing resources to present. This way you will track your potential customers and deliver the best of your brand to them.
Generally, many times it is often heard that a bad integration of the systems will make the business slow down. This is due to the misuse that it can be given. In turn, it can be depressing, since both strategies were born for each other.
Below you can see how both systems can work separately:
1.- CRM without automated marketing
A CRM without automated marketing is a database where customer data is stored, as well as potential customers, to later manage the sales process.
As it will be in an independent process, since it will not have the marketing automation accompanying it, it will do it in a light way and without any rush. You will store the contacts and you will have a follow-up of the sales funnel but with a vision that will be more limited to the customer journey.
2.- Automated Marketing without CRM
The need to integrate marketing automation and CRM is going to be most noticeable when trying to implement an automated marketing system without effective CRM.
You will be able to run campaigns to generate many more leads, but you will have to export those leads to a .csv file. This file can be imported manually into your sales database. For this reason, you will not be able to analyze what is the conversion rate, closing, clicks or other important action.
The integration of marketing automation and CRM
There are many ways to link CRM with automated marketing. However, it is recommended that you opt for an All-in-One tool. In it you will be able to have the CRM and powerful automation solutions on the same platform.
On the contrary, if you buy tools that are individual and come from different providers, you will have to configure them manually through an API (application program interface).
Once the systems are configured, you will notice how your business changes and improves significantly, thus obtaining more leads and income. When you already apply both systems, you will incorporate potential customers who will be better qualified in the sales funnel.
Performing this strategy will provide you visibility and strategic alignment. Best of all, you will have a lot of optimizations in terms of time and resources.
Turn your business into a customer-smart company
If you continue in this post, it is because you are still interested in relating CRM to marketing automation and you want to deliver unique value propositions to your customers. For this, it is necessary for your company to become a brand that focuses on attracting interests and value proposition.
Do you want to be valued as a business that fosters smart relationships with memorable experiences? If you want to achieve this, pay attention to these three strategies that you have below:
- Relationship at the points of contact. A good strategy is to develop multiple touchpoints that are digitally integrated with each other. In this way, customers will be offered a consistent and optimal experience throughout their entire journey through your company.
- Implement a tool that is capable of bringing together the pillars of CRM. This strategy seeks to unite the marketing department with services and sales within the same panorama. To make this possible, you have to have a marketing automation application, which will help you manage your email marketing, SEO and SEM efforts.
Database storage, processing and analysis. Marketing automation and CRM will allow you to process a large amount of information you have about your qualified leads through a lead scoring process. Thanks to this, you will be able to extract purchase patterns, perform different segmentations, use actions in advance and discover new opportunities so that you do not lose potential customers.