Digital has given new impetus to communication by making it possible to address each individual personally. We have gone from “one-to-many” mass communication to hyper-individualized “one-to-one” communication. That’s why Ultra-personalization is required.
The ultimate digital promise is to send not only the right message to the right person but above all at the right time and on the right medium. Thanks to these different levers, digital therefore promise you maximum efficiency! This fabulous opportunity for brands, however, raises concerns about the ethics and use of all this data.
Internet users are well aware that they are “tracking” in their navigation. This can lead to mistrust against this advertising pressure or even rejection and the use of ad blockers.
In this environment, the challenge for brands is to find the right balance and the right mix of this advertising pressure for all their digital communication. Because, in the end, a good advertisement broadcast in a good context – that is to say in affinity with the expectations of the Net surfer – and at the right time can have tenfold effectiveness!
Ensure the convergence of interests between the brand and consumers
To find this balance, your communication must have added value for your target audience. You have to meet the needs of your target. for that, you need to be Ultra-personalization on how to reach customers.
Here are 6 areas to work on to ensure the convergence of interests:
- Build a differentiating message and affirm the uniqueness of the brand. This is what communication agencies strive to do by creating original messages in line with the brand’s DNA.
- Know your customers: it is necessary to have a single and centralized vision of your customers with the history of all their points of contact with your brand, whether online (web and mobile) or offline (in-store, centre of call, SMS, mail, etc.). If you don’t aggregate all your data into a single database, you won’t be able to implement intelligent communication. Who would accept today, after having subscribed to a press title online, to receive a letter offering a more expensive subscription or to be contacted by telephone to renew their subscription?
- Distribute advertisements in a brand safety environment: that is to say, guarantee that the brand will not find itself in a context of distribution contrary to its values and ethics. If it is an ad for adults, it should not be shown on sites for children. It is the responsibility of the agency that trades the campaign to guarantee the quality of the broadcasting environment.
- Create scenarios to Ultra-personalization messages: with artificial intelligence today, we are able to broadcast an advertisement with a different message, visual, address and action button for each individual. A user decides in 3 seconds if he stays or if he leaves the site he is viewing. We can see how important it is to succeed not only in attracting attention but also in inciting action! You also need to send different messages to your prospects and customers, and just as different if it’s a loyal customer or a customer about to leave you to buy from a competitor. Besides, do you have a real knowledge of the life cycle of your customers?
- Manage the campaign: in which environments to broadcast, to which segments of your target audience, for how long and how many times should each Internet user see the advertisement? Providing answers to these questions requires knowledge of campaign trading solutions.
- Measure performance and optimize: this could be the most important action in the deployment of your digital strategy. If you have not implemented a solution to measure the performance of investments then everything that has been done before may be useless …
If it seems obvious to you that there is a failure at one or more of these stages in your digital strategy, then you probably need to be supported. Ultra-personalization here helps you more.