Considering that On Cloud services are already indispensable in many cases and that 9 out of 10 companies use them to a greater or lesser extent, what remains to be known is what to take into account to hire them? That’s what we propose today giving you some recommendations to store your information in the cloud. For this reason, it is also vital to consider the training of certified industrial engineering training, where safety issues and architecture in the cloud are the order of the day.
8 essential tips that will help you store your information in the cloud in a safe and accessible way
We will address the issue from two different perspectives: the services to be hired and the information to be stored.
On cloud storage services
- If you pay attention to its price, you find services without cost whose features are lower (less capacity, worse or more limited customer service, fewer tools available or limited in uses or benefits, less staff working in the development and maintenance of the site, for here, less updates of both improvement and security …). When going to a payment solution, the limits you put with your investment (storage capacity, quantity and functionality of tools, other services added) and, of course, there is a more complete work template behind that offers both user support as constant improvements.
- It is essential if we are going to use it as a file server.
- To know the historical assets; essential in cases of sensitive information that several users have access to and can use or modify.
- Decántate, always, for a service that offers backup copies of your files, knowing very well what policy they follow about it and making sure it is the most convenient.
- Legal requirements. To consider since these do not depend on the place from where the service is contracted but this is conditioned by the legal requirements of the place where the information is stored.
- Never, read well, never, hire a service without consulting the corresponding Service Level Agreement (the contractual agreement), check that it covers the aspects you need to cover and, of course, agree with it.
About your information
- Identify your information, classifying it into different levels. First you must know what can and should be stored in Cloud services. You also need to consider which one will require logging, which one can move … In short, follow a good classification procedure determined by your objectives, including, to begin with, an inventory with the criteria and levels of each of them.
- Encryption and deletion security. Depending on the classification you have made, you will run into data that, due to its sensitivity, requires encryption to avoid being so easily exposed, so, of course, it would be advisable to have tools that allow it and that, above all, , can be applied only to the information you choose.
Likewise, when the life cycle of this is completed, it must have tools that allow its safe and complete elimination so that it can never be recovered.