How to Make Money on Youtube
YouTube stars are the self-made celebrities of today: People who have earned an audience by creating content geared toward teaching, entertaining, reviewing, and being awesome on the internet.
Understanding Your Audience Demographics
Before you start to monetize your video or channel you must have to understand what is your audience and how you can earn form that.
You’ll want to pay especially close attention to:
- Gender – You have to decide or know who is your audience either its Male or Female or may be possible both.
- Age – Your specific audience may be divided into age gap like its kids, young or senior
- Geographic location for the countries or cities where your viewers are watching your videos and some brands might want to focus on.
- Watch Time: For YouTube monetization The overall engagement of your audience when watching your videos.
A combination of the above to paint a more accurate picture of your audience by looking at things like the number of male viewers you have in a specific age range.
Luckily, there are several ways you can money on Youtube:
- Become a YouTube Partner and make money from ads.
- Make money on YouTube by selling products or merchandise.
- Crowdfund your next creative project.
- Let your audience support your work through “fan funding”.
- License your content to the media.
- Work with brands as an influencer or affiliate.
Let’s take a deeper look at each one.
- Become a YouTube Partner and Make Money From Ads
The first revenue stream you’ll likely explore is ads.
The easiest way to earn money from YouTube is being a YouTube partner and ads. You all know what it means right? but maybe you don’t the way to gets ads. There are very simple ways to get being a YouTube Partner.
First, you have to create the channel for your content and make that content publish form channel after that you have to go into creator studio and make that content monetize with your existing Google AdSense account. If you have not AdSense account then you can apply for the same and after approval from Google you have to link your Google AdSense account with YouTube and start to monetize your content.
After successful linkup, your Google AdSense account your content will show ads on videos and when someone from your reader or viewers click that ads, you will get income from that.
- Make Money On YouTube By Selling Products or Merchandise
By selling product or merchandise like anything i.e. t-shirts, trouser, pen, memory card, desk items and book etc.
Here you have to do very simple things, you just have to build an audience for your content and promote them to buy your own products.
Or if you have to merchandise or product you can affiliate with other stores online or offline and promote their product in your content and get handsome income from them.
Here you no need to apply for Google AdSense or any account to monetize so maybe you can easily earn revenue from your audience.
- Crowdfund Your Next Creative Project
When money is all that stands between an idea and its execution, crowdfunding is a good way to make it happen.
Whether buying an equipment or marketing cost or personnel cost or sustain in the market you must have money or fiancé to hand.
I have seen many young entrepreneur and startup fail because of only fiancé crisis. So if you have that talent and you have great business ideas but no money or investor in your startup YouTube content help you to connect with that investor for the same.
Here you have to create effective pitch or presentation for the Investor who is ready to invest in your ideas. You have to mind in your own audience.
There are proven websites for crowdfunding through YouTube like
Kickstarter: One of the most well-known crowdfunding sites and great for funding cool products and creative projects. Be sure to set an attainable funding goal because you’ll only secure it if you actually meet the goal you set.
Indiegogo: A Kickstarter alternative that offers more flexible funding options.
- Let Your YouTube Audience Support Your Work Via Fan Funding
Similar to Crowd Funding you can get support from your viewer or fan. Similar to crowdfunding a project, you can also set up “fan funding” streams to source donations from your audience.
As a creator you can be a voice of content and ask funding help from your audience to donate to your content and help.
Some popular fan funding options include
- YouTube’s Fan Funding: This feature on YouTube essentially lets you create a “tipping jar” for your viewers to donate whenever and however much they feel like contributing. You’ll need to set up your YouTube account for advertising as outlined above.
- Patreon: The membership platform that makes it easy for creators to get paid. Fans can subscribe to their favorite creators for as little as a dollar a month and receive exclusive rewards.
- Tipeee: Lets you get a combination of both one-off and recurring donations
- License Your Content to the Media
If you happen to create a viral video with mass appeal—say, a funny clip featuring your dog—you can license your content in exchange for money.
TV news outlets, morning shows, online news sites, and other creators might reach out about the rights to use your videos if they happen to go viral.
6. Work With Brands as an Influencer or Affiliate
Influencer marketing is going to be one of the advertising bedrocks of the next decade. By -Gary Vaynerchuk
Brands are investing more and more in influencer marketing, spending their typically large advertising budgets on influencers who’ve already won the loyalty of their audiences.
This creates a massive opportunity for you as a creator if you can negotiate the right deals.
Depending on your leverage—your audience demographics, content quality and how unique and profitable your niche is—you might be able to negotiate a better deal if the brand is a good fit.