Probably your company already has a website, profiles on social networks and perhaps you have invested a small part of your budget in online advertising. But are you clear about the objectives of the marketing actions you are carrying out?
These actions tend to have the main purpose of generating traffic and conversions from different digital channels, in order to increase our sales as well. In this article I want to give you another tool that will help you get it: email automation.
Maybe you have already read or heard about email automation, and most likely you have already received promotions, offers and other types of content in your mailbox. But do you know how it can help you in your marketing strategy to increase your sales?
Email marketing: the unbeatable among digital tools
According to a Doppler study, the leading email and automation marketing platform in Spanish, email campaigns generate a return of more than € 36 for each euro invested.
In addition, through a study conducted by the renowned company McKinsey & Co , it was determined that emailing strategies convert 40% more than the actions taken on Facebook and Twitter together and even exceed any SEO plan , positioning this communication channel as one of the most effective actions in a digital marketing plan.
The fact that emailing campaigns give us such high profitability is partly linked to their ability to measure results in real time and immediately. This allows us to detect what does not work in the expected way in order to make improvements in our future campaigns and achieve better metrics such as the opening rate or the click rate of our emails.
The platforms that provide the mass mailing service also have a functionality that becomes a very useful action if your goal is to increase the volume of your sales: email automation, which I explain below.
Email automation: how to multiply your income passively
The automation of shipments allows you to prepare personalized communications adapted to the behavior of your subscribers, depending on the stage where your buyer is located during the purchase process.
The great benefit of this function is that you can configure a sequence of emails only once, so that automated communications and content of interest will be sent to each of your subscribers at the right time.
Imagine that you send a communication offering a product to a certain segment of your audience that has previously shown interest in related content. We can find ourselves with the following situations:
- The user clicks on the offered product, that is, he is interested: a couple of days later he will receive an automatic email with a special discount when making the purchase.
- The user does not click and, therefore, is not interested in the product: a couple of days later you will receive an email that allows you to find out what kind of products you are interested in.
Analyzing the behavior of your subscribers, you will be able to group users into different lists depending on their interests and preferences, which will allow you to personalize your email marketing much more and thus achieve an increase in the conversion speed, while increasing loyalty each time more to your audience.
Do not invest time and resources in communications not aligned with the tastes and interests of your users, because you could cause them to feel uncomfortable receiving your emails and decide to unsubscribe from your database.
The power of segmentation oriented to email automation
When we talk about segmentation, we refer to the process of partitioning our subscriber lists into small groups that are as homogeneous as possible and that contain similar characteristics of consumption behavior.
In other words, knowing who we are targeting based on your interests and preferences are paramount if we want to get the most out of our email campaigns.
There are several ways to segment your database:
- By demographic data (gender, age, marital status or country): this type of information is the most elementary you can use when customizing the structure of your emails.
- By behavior (on your website or in your campaigns): analyzing the data that users throw when they browse your website or online store will allow you to identify the interest of each visitor based on your product group. The same happens if you take into account the behavior of each of your subscribers in each communication you send.
- Per performance: if parts of the results obtained in previous campaigns, you can see which promotions and offers are more likely to be accepted by your users. In addition, you can identify the most likely to complete the purchase process.
If you have successfully completed this segmentation process of your database, you will have everything ready to start with your content strategy. This will allow you to save time and streamline the flow of shipments depending on the needs of your audience and the position they are in your sales funnel.
What is a sales funnel?
We could define this concept as the way in which a company plans to capture a client. However, this term is a little broader and includes, in turn, other variables.
More precisely, a sales funnel is the complete flow since the customer is first linked with your company until the closing of the sale, accounting and analyzing all stages.
This is particularly important, since it will help us to visualize which part of the sale management is failing to be able to solve it quickly and thus optimize our conversion volume.
You can link this process with any email marketing strategy that you propose, since it generates periodic increases in the profits of your business.
Then I explain what are the most predominant stages in the development of a sales plan oriented to emailing. Let’s see them!
Traffic generation and lead capture
Having a solid and well-established database is essential to begin communication actions with your audience.
To do this you must take into account previously some options that will help you generate visits in your digital channels:
- Improve the SEO of your website.
- Use lead magnets in your website or blog.
- Organize webinars or other training, and request contact information for registration.
- Develop an interlinking structure.
- Generate strategic alliances with other portals.
- Redirect users from your social networks to your contact form.
Remember that having your contact data is vital when developing any type of email marketing strategy.
Generation of interest and segmentation
At this stage, your job is to identify the tangible opportunities you have to convert that lead or record that you have obtained into a real client.
In the event that you do not have enough information to make a correct segmentation, you should create content strategies to obtain better parameters about the tastes and interests of each segment of your audience.
It is necessary to understand that each user has a particular behavior of consumption and, in turn, this is similar to many. In this way you can generate what we call a qualified lead to subsequently sell more effectively.
Conversion through email and marketing automation
Once you have ascertained the desires, interests and stage within the funnel of each segment, you must start the much-desired process of generating sales.
You can develop this management through the use of intelligent email marketing features such as automation, which will allow you to send a sequence of emails with really relevant information for each of your segments obtained.
Benefits of email to automation in the sales of your business
Perhaps the most important benefit of all this that we explain to you is to multiply exponentially the profitability in your company, saving the greater amount of operative time possible.
However, we cannot leave aside these advantages that email automation offers depending on our funnel:
- You will keep your subscribers attentive and interested from the first contact to the final transaction.
- You can configure the flow of programmed mails only once and it will work whenever a new user enters your funnel.
- It is 100% effective and helps reduce costs.
- You will have more control over your marketing actions.
- You will detect which users are most prepared to receive a commercial offer.
- You will attract them more quickly and effectively towards the realization of purchases.
On the other hand, we must highlight the powerful influence of this functionality to generate engagement with our users. Without a doubt, this will be your best ally if your approach is oriented to create periodic communications with them.
The use of email automation generates more interactions, creating, in turn, a much more enjoyable link with your subscribers. They will feel that they are an important part of your company. In this way, you will achieve loyalty to your customers, which will have a positive effect on your sales.
I hope I have resolved your doubts regarding the importance of email automation when we link it properly with our sales funnel. Start today to communicate with your audience in a more efficient and intelligent way!